Below is a sharp analysis of Aquino’s inaugural address by a Facebook contact’s friend:
1. Shallow and misleading. No reference to any of the three evils ( foreign monopoly capitalism, domestic feudalism and bureacrat capitalism) as cause of poverty, corruption, underdevelopment and injustice.
2. No reference to US economic and military domination. Echoing slogan of Ramos neoliberal slogan: “level the playing field” (let the MNCs and foreign banks bulldoze Filipino entrepreneurs and every possibility of national industrialization).
3. No reference to need for land reform (only the need for infrastructure and extension services for agriculture)
4. Concept of “true and complete justice” stresses political and civil rights within the semi-colonial and semi-feudal system, no reference to social justice and certainly no reference to the Hacienda Luisita farm workers and tenants who need social justice and political justice due to the SDO swindle and the
5. Unlike in the electoral campaign, no more pointed reference to Arroyo clique or indication as criminally culpable for plunder and human rights violations.
6. De Lima may be expected to continue making big news for the new regime about the Ampatuan case but there is nothing clear about justice for the victims of HR violations other than those in the Ampatuan massacre.
7. Truth commission is headed by an Aquino-Arroyo sycophant like Davide and is likely going to be a machine for freezing cases, for washing the hands of Noynoy re his promise to prosecute and imprison GMA and
for closing the cases against the Arroyo crew. Closure of cases against Arroyo is the keyword of Noynoy Aquino.
8. No reference to the need for peace negotiations with the NDFP but Noynoy stresses the need to double the strength of the military and police because supposedly the population has doubled since the last military and police beef up, as if there is no public debt crisis already raging. No mention at all about the bankruptcy of the state.
9. Noynoy follows the US Counterinsurgency Guide, which says that peace negotiations are dispensable for destroying, coopting and debilitating the enemy or the so-called insurgency so long as there is good governance, delivery of services, strengthening the military and effective use of intelligence and propaganda.
10. There is a reference to the enemy that the new puppet regime must defeat. The new regime is hell-bent on escalating the armed counterrevolution.
Conclusion: US-Aquino II regime is a mere continuation of the US-Arroyo regime and promises to be an aggravation. If you pay attention to points 8, 9 and 10 above, Noynoy Aquino can easily follow the path of Marcos although Noynoy and his US and local handlers have the illusion that he can be like Magsaysay governing cleanly and efficiently and thus
preserving the system and defeating the insurgency so-called. The new democratic revolution through protracted people’s war an easy pushover? Especially at this time of rapidly worsening socio-economic and political crisis? ###
Transcript of President Noynoy Aquino’s inagural address, June 30, 2010